Day wise Itinerary.
Day 1: Arrival AT Paro Airport – Thimpu
On arrival at Paro Airport and after completing your Visa / Permit formalities you will be received by our Bhutan representative who will assist you in boarding your vehicle for transfer to Thimphu (2320Mts / 7656Fts, 65 Kms / 01½ to 02 Hrs), Thimphu is the capital town of Bhutan and the centre of government, religion and commerce, Thimphu is a unique city with unusual mixture of modern development alongside ancient traditions. Although not what one expects from a capital city, Thimphu is still a fitting and lively place. Home to civil servants, expatriates and monk body, Thimphu maintains a strong national character in its architectural style. On arrival in Thimphu, Check in to the hotel. Evening free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 2: Thimpu
After breakfasts go for Thimphu sightseeing covering Memorial Chorten, Tashichho Dzong, Buddha Point (Kuensel Phodong),Changangkha Lhakhang (Monastery), Motithang Takin Preservation Centre, Drupthob Goemba / Zilukha Nunnery, National Library (Closed on Saturday , Sunday & National Holiday), Institute for Zorig Chusum (Traditional Art & Craft School-Closed on Saturday , Sunday, National Holiday & During Summer & Winter Vacations), Textiles Museum (Handicrafts Shops - Closed on Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday), Zangthopelri Lhakhang (Monastery). Overnight at Hotel.
Day 3: Thimpu - Punakha / Wangdi
After breakfast drive to Punakha (1200Mts / 3936Fts, 77 Kms / 03 to 3½ Hrs) / Wangdi (Wangdiphodrang) (1350Mts / 4430Fts, 70 Kms / 03 to 3½ Hrs). Punakha / Wangdi is the last town on the highway before entering Central Bhutan. The drive is over Dochu La pass (3080Mts / 10102Fts) which is very scenic with fascinating view of mountains of Bhutan. Stopping briefly here to take in the view and admire the Chorten, Mani wall, and Prayer flags which decorate the highest point on the road. If skies are clear, the following peaks can be seen from this Pass (Left to Right): Mt. Masagang (7,158Mts / 23478Fts), Mt. Tsendagang (6,960Mts / 22829Fts), Mt. Terigang (7,060Mts / 23157Fts), Mt. Jejegangphugang (7,158Mts / 23478Fts), Mt. Kangphugang (7,170Mts / 23518Fts), Mt. Zongphugang (7,060Mts / 23157Fts), a table mountain that dominates the isolated region of Lunana - Finally Mt.Gangkar Puensum (7,497Mts / 24590Fts), the highest peak in Bhutan. Visit Punakha Dzong, If time permit visit the Suspension Bridge and then proceed to Chimi Lhakhang (Monastery). Overnight at the Hotel in Wangdi.
Day 4: Punakha/Wangdi- Gangtey Excursion– Punakha/Wangdi
Today the day start early for full day excursion to Gangtey & Phobjikha Valley (3000Mts / 9845fts , 85Kms / 3 to 3½ Hrs One way ) The valley of Gangtey is one of the most beautiful spots in Bhutan. The surprise of finding such a wide, flat valley without any trees after the hard climb through dense forests is augmented by an impression of vast space, and extremely rare experience in Bhutan where most of the valley’s are tightly enclosed. A few kilometers beyond the Gangtey Monastery, on the valley floor lie’s the village of Phobjikha. This place is the winter home of black necked cranes that migrate from the arid plains in the north to pass winter in milder and lower climate. Phobjikha, at an altitude of 2900 m, falls under the district of Wangdiphodrang and lies on the periphery of the Black Mountain National Park. The valley boasts two beautiful meandering rivers, Nakay Chhu (Chhu Naap-black water) and Gay Chhu (Chhu Karp-white water). According to a local legend, the two rivers actually represent a snake and a boar. The two animals once raced each other with an agreement that if the snake (Nakay Chhu) won, Phobjikha valley would be able to grow rice, but if the boar won, then rice could never be cultivated in the area. The snake lost since it had to meander all the way during its journey. Rice cannot be cultivated in the valley even today. Black Necked Crane Information Centre , Gangtey Goempa (Monastery),Back to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 5: Punakha/Wangdi – Paro
After breakfast transfer to Paro (2134Mts / 7000Fts, 135 Kms / 05 Hrs). Enroute Stop at Lamperi to visit Royal Botanical Garden. On arrival Paro, check in to the hotel. Afternoon free at leisure. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 6: Paro
After breakfast go for Paro Sightseeing covering Drukgyel Dzong(Presently closed for tourist),Ta Dzong (National Museum-Closed on Saturday, Sunday & National Holiday), Rinpung Dzong, Kyichu Lhakhang (Monastery), Back to the hotel. Overnight at Hotel.
PARO - FULL DAY HIKE TO TAKTSANG LHAKHANG (TIGER`S NEST)
Refer to GENERAL POINTS ON BHUTAN OPERATION for Pink Permit Start the day early for a day hike to Taktsang Lhakhang (Tiger's Nest Monastery)(Tuesday Closed) - The hike which is all the way uphill takes about 2 /3 hours through pine forests. The monastery clings to a huge granite cliff 800 meters from the Paro valley. It is one of the most famous of Bhutan's monasteries, perched on the side of a cliff 900m above the Paro valley floor. It is said that Guru Rinpoche arrived here on the back of a tigress and meditated at this monastery and hence it is called ""Tiger's Nest"". This site has been recognized as a most sacred place and visited by Shabdrung Ngawang Namgyal in 1646 and now visited by all Bhutanese at least once in their lifetime. On 19 April, 1998, a fire severely damaged the main structure of building but now this Bhutanese jewel has been restored to its original splendour. Afternoon at leisure for go for shopping in the market. Overnight at Hotel.
Day 7: Departure
After breakfast transfer to Paro Airport for taking onward connection.
• Services of a Trip Leader will be as per the itinerary for Bhutan Portion only.
• Accommodation as per the itinerary on plan as specified above on Twin Sharing Basis.
• Transfer & Sightseeing as per the itinerary by AC VEHICLE as specified above (NOT AT DISPOSAL)
• 01 Complimentary Lunch at Thimphu at Local Restaurant.
• 01 Complimentary Lunch at Paro at Local Farmhouse Lodge.
• 01 Bottle water per person per day
• Meet & greet upon arrival.
• Hotel Accommodation as per the name mentioned in the Category for duration as mentioned in the itinerary.
• All applicable Transfers & Sightseeing by Specified vehicle which will not be at disposal and will be exclusively used for the guest as per the itinerary only (on point to point basis).
• GST (Government Service Tax as applicable) (as on date 01/07/2017 it is 05.00%)
• Cost for supplementary service, optional Tours, Up-gradation Charges, Sightseeing entrance fees.
• FOR hotel marked with * Mandatory Additional Surcharge on Normal Rate for Travelling only on 24th Dec & 31st Dec 2017 (Kindly check for the rates before quoting)
• Cost for Airfare, Train fare, Insurance Premiums, Rafting Charges.
• Cost for service provided on a personal request.
• Cost for personal expenses such as laundry, bottled water, soft drinks, incidentals, porter charges, tips etc.
• Cost for any other service not mentioned under the “Cost Includes” head.
• Difference in cost arising due to extra usage of vehicle, other than scheduled & mentioned in the itinerary.
• Difference in cost arising due to mishaps, political unrest, natural calamities like - landslides, road blockage, etc. In such case extra will have to be paid on the spot by the guest directly.